In case anyone has a burning desire to read any of the work that fills my earning hours, here’s a small selection. Small, it should be noted, not because I haven’t written much copy over the decades, but because remarkably little of it has ended up in an online archive.
I break into the nationals with an exciting UK broadband round-up for an Indie technology supplement. Naturally, given my criticism of the Independent’s subbing standards, someone inserted a subbing error.
I hang out with captains of industry. They even return my phone calls.
- Place your bets (prediction markets)
Thrill to my coverage of PET drinks bottles and paper recycling.
- Drinks: The search for a refreshing new look (the perils of rebranding in the beverage sector. Mmm)
- Great designs risk going up in smoke (the evils of tobacco – some people talked to me, at least)
- Toothpaste seeks fresh ideas (my hellish feature on toothpaste packaging. It came out OK in the end)
- Changing times for pop stars (soft drinks sector)
- Recycling: where waste really goes (uh, recycling)
- Get on the road to year-round sales (seasonal demand)
- Driven to innovate (car parts packaging – more interesting than you’d think)
- Slim down to bulk up profitability (lean manufacturing – likewise. They managed to lose my byline though)
The bleeding edge of digital marketing. A decade or so ago anyway. (Though it’s a shame they haven’t managed to upload their older content properly.)
- The house that the net built (part of the Revolution House of Tomorrow Report)
- Larazade (profile on Lucozade Tomb Raider tie-in)
- Specsavers: Vision for the future (a report on the optician’s move online)
- Which way now? (account of now forgotten online community E-district.net’s attempt to bounce back from fraud charges)
- And they’re off! (how Attheraces took horseracing gambling online)
As and when I can get hold of some PDFs from my work on Dorling Kindersley’s 1000 CEOs book, I’ll put those up too. (Hey, isn’t it Christmas soon? Snap one up for your loved one’s stocking now!)
I’ll put up some more links as they become available. Because I know you’d really like to see them.